Saturday, September 13, 2008

Will's First Soccer Game

Go Firebirds! Will played his first soccer game today. He had a fun running around and pretending like he knew what was going on. He was disappointed only that his team got orange slices for a snack instead of frosted cookies, like his friend Lars had. My only disappointment was the really, really intense soccer dad on our team who would yell, "Win it! Win it! Win it!" whenever his son got near the ball. I suppose I have to get used to that stuff if Will does any type of team sport in the future- but come on...the kids are 4. Am I right?


Lydia was a fantastic cheerleader, thanks to a super nice 7 year old who dressed her all up.


He's trying to get the ball away from the two kids who actually knew what they were doing. These same two kids scored all the goals. It was pretty comical.

4 comments:

. said...

Good job Will. Lydia looks pretty content as a cheerleade,r you better watch out for that one. As for the dad who was yelling, I think I would be careful not to tick him off.

Kristi said...

Lydia is a precious moments figurine. She is so stinking cute.
Soccer is pretty hilarious at that age. I forgot to sign Spencer up this season..bummer.

Brooke said...

I can't believe Will is old enough to play soccer! Looks like fun.

Arin and Troy said...

Will and Lydia are seriously just so cute! How do you get lucky enough to have such cute kids??? I am starting to worry about my baby not being very cute, does that automatically make me a bad mother from the very beginning??